Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sending a Blog from My Ex's House...

Most people would think it strange that I hangout with my ex-boyfriend Dpad on a regular basis. There might even be some friends who say it's a "bad idea". Sitting on his couch, playing on the computer while he plays his new video game...it's not something most exes do...

We've always been something of an anomaly when it comes to the rules of dating and breaking up...and dating and breaking up. We've been friends for years and I guess you could say that despite the break-up, we didn't want to lose that friendship. We enjoy spending time together, we make each other laugh, I'm pretty sure we've both made the other cry...I mean...he's never cried, he's a man! They don't cry, right?! =) We've been through so much together. There have been days when I've felt like he's the only person I can go to with my troubles. I'd like to think he's had days when I'm the only one he could go to. We're great at reading the other, I don't necessarily need to really try and act like I'm upset or happy or extremely bothered by something because he can tell by looking at me in about a second, which I guess is a good thing but it makes it really hard to lie...not that I'd want to...*cough* =)

When I started typing this particular post, I didn't really know what I wanted to say, or even that I had anything important to actually write about, but I thought it'd be a fun idea. Especially once Dpad turned around in his "gaming" chair and asked, "What are you doing?", took one look at my face and assumed I was up to no good. I said, "Typing in my blog!" and he responded with, "About me?" See? He already knew even though I wasn't planning on telling him, because, as you might have noticed, he's the only person that actually follows this blog at this moment., so he'd eventually read it.

To this day, I guess neither of us really knows what to expect when it comes to us, but luckily we both roll with the punches and just wait it out to see what happens next.

Ooh...I just realized the point of this post. Being friends with your ex is, in fact, possible. I realize that Dpad and I are definitely a special case, but we've both decided that our friendship is worth the work, despite that awkward "...oh yeah...we've dated". He's truly a great guy, even if he doesn't quite realize that every day (which he should!!!) I'm super thankful for the friendship I have with him and wouldn't trade it for anything...short of a million dollars... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment