Friday, February 25, 2011

Possible Changes...?

I've been working at my current job for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I enjoy the people I work with, there is always something to do and it is a fast paced environment which I love. I never really pictured myself sitting behind a desk for the rest of my life, although I gladly would if it was a good environment and paid the bills!

Anyways, my job as a pharmacy technician, however much I love it, can probably not go on forever. It isn't a career for me, which is hard for me to really even think about because I enjoy it so much. For right now, I'm single, living on my own and don't have an insane amount of bills to pay or a crazy amount of debt to pay off (yet! Student loans are coming...I can feel them lurking around the corner!). Therefore, it's a great job for now...but times will be changing soon. I can feel that almost as much as the loans.

My current boss, who is wonderful, sees the great potential I have. I'm a college graduate who really wants to use my degree at some point. And The Pharmacist would love to see me excel in my field of communication. Without me even asking her, she found an open HR position for the company that lines up with what I want to do in life! It was so exciting to hear about and when I read the job description I got even more excited just thinking about. I am almost 90% sure that I am not even remotely qualified (to work in HR, you have to have HR experience...and this position requires quite a bit...which I just don't have yet), and yet for some reason, The Pharmacist truly believes that I am destined for this job.

Of course, there are always downsides...for example, the job is in Dallas. Dallas...is about four hours away from home. I would be leaving my family and some amazing friends behind for this job. And for those who don't even remotely know me, I don't know how I could survive without my family or friends. However, Dallas is not so far away that I could never visit and what not.

Sigh, I don't know why I am even thinking about it so much yet. In all likely hood, I won't even get this job. But I won't know until I send my resume in and just try. If anything, it's at least me taking that step towards my future, whatever my future holds!

I have another quote to end on:

"Don't be afraid to give your best at what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves." - Dale Carnegie

I like to look at it like this: even if I have a job that I won't be doing for the rest of my life, I am going to do it as if I will be there forever, constantly striving to be better at what I do, making contacts wherever possible, coming up with ideas to improve the atmosphere, making things easier and better. If I can accomplish even the small things, I can move on to do better and greater things, whatever they may be. And that...that's what will keep me going. No matter where I end up or what I do with my future, I will be happy and accomplished, making life easier for at least one other person as I do it. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment