Monday, February 28, 2011

Thanks for Indulging Me

Tonight was an important evening for the stars and starlets of Hollywood: The Oscars! I've always had this strange fascination with awards shows...any of them. From the Oscars, to the Grammys, to the Golden Globes etc, etc. Maybe it's the pretty clothes, the red carpets, the overall "star studded" night, I don't know. It's fun to be a part of awards shows, (like our beloved Dorland Awards at OBU, the end of the year awards show for the theatre department) and to watch them, but I'd never been a part of an actual watch party. I usually watch by myself, or maybe me and one of my friends, which is of course, a fun time...but this year, I decided I wanted a party. And thanks to my friends, I got one.

A few days ago, I casually mentioned the idea to Dpad, who thought that sure, it might be fun. I invited our wonderful group of friends over and Dpad printed off the Oscar ballot so we could vote on everything and hopefully win and have the bragging rights from it all. Sadly, two of our friends, Angel Cole and Smart Musician could not make it to the event due to food poisoning. =( And they were truly missed. But the night still turned out well. Dpad won the bragging rights of choosing the most winners, I'm sure he's oh so happy thanks to his competitive nature. Overall, I think this is something that this particular group of friends either never really wanted to do, or just never really thought about it, but to all of you, I thank you for indulging me. Thanks for helping me have a fun night watching the Oscars. Maybe one of us will be on that stage and we can be there for real!!! Hey, I can still dream, right?! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment